For Online Application, Click HERE
Indicative Admission Schedule (Candidates from India)
|CAT results declaration||2nd week of January|
|Online application starts||12th January 2017|
|Last date for applying online (Domestic)||31st January, 2017|
|Shortlist of candidates selected for WAT/PI||15th February, 2017 (Tentative)|
|Online selection of slots for WAT/PI starts||16th February, 2017 (Tentative)|
|Online selection of slots for WAT/PI ends||18h February, 2017 (Tentative)|
|Written Ability Test(WAT) and Personal interviews||2nd - 5th March 2017|
|Final list of selected candidates||2nd May, 2017 (Tentative)|
Selection Procedure - Candidates from India
To check Admission Criteria 2016 - 18, Click HERE
The prospective candidates are required to appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2016 conducted by IIMs every year. The candidates will be invited to appear for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview in the first week of March (2nd to 5th March, 2017) based on their Composite Score, which is calculated as per the short listing criteria.
The candidates have to apply for CAT 2016 and admission to Master of Management programme of SJMSOM separately. The IIMs have no role in the selection of candidates for admission to the Master of Management programme offered by Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay.
Applicant must satisfy one of the following criteria:
1. A four year Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in any disciplinewith first class or 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate (including all years/semesters) or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10 , from the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
2. CA/ICWA, with a first-class Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline having secured 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate (including all years/semesters) or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10.
3. Those appearing for the final degree examination can also apply. The admission in such cases will be subject to their fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria as stated in (1) or (2) at the time of joining the course.
The candidates are required to appear for online CAT 2016.
After the CAT 2016 results are declared, the applicants are required to complete the online application form available from 12th January, 2017 (Tentative). The last date for filling the form is 31st January, 2017. Candidate will have to scan and upload the following documents (as per size and dimensions specified) along with the application form:
1. Passport size photograph
3. Graduation Certificate / Copy of latest semester mark sheet (for students still appearing for the final semester or yet to receive Graduation Certificate)
4. CASTE certificate
5. Physically disabled certificate for applicants with disability
6. CAT 2016 scorecard
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to appear for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) between 2nd and 5th March, 2017. Shortlisted candidates are required to book the slots for WAT and PI as soon as the shortlist is released. The slot booking dates are from 16th to 18th February, 2017 (Tentative).
The candidates should fill all the mandatory details in one go, otherwise the data will be lost as the session expires in 50 minutes. It is suggested that the candidates be fully prepared with all the relevant information/data before starting to fill the ONLINE Application form.
1. The data can be edited anytime before the final submission of the form
2. You may download the online application format (click here) for your reference. Compile all the relevant data required to fill it up, and then proceed to fill up and submit it your online application.
3. Use the latest versions of Chrome or Firefox to fill up the form.
For Online Application, Click HERE