The School is inviting applications, for the faculty position at Assistant Professor level, from truly exceptional candidates in the following areas.
1. General Management: With specialization in any of the following:
- i. Research Methods
- ii. Corporate Governance & Business Ethics
- iii. Legal Aspects of Business
- iv. Communications & Interpersonal Skills
2. Information Systems
3. Accounting: With Specialization in Financial and Managerial Accounting
4. Organizational Behaviour & HRM
5. Marketing Management
6. Decision Sciences & Quantitative Methods: With specialization in Statistical methods and/or Decision Models in Management
7. Technology & Strategic Management
Applications will only be accepted through the online portal.
To access the application portal please visit
- First register at this link :
- Then fill the form, by logging in using this link :
Once the application is submitted through the portal, you are required to send the duly filled summary sheet to: faculty_recruit[at]som.iitb.ac.in.
Incomplete applications will not be processed further. Please note that given the large number of applications, we only contact shortlisted
candidates. If you have not received a response from us within three months, you may assume that your application has not been shortlisted for the next stage.
Why SJMSOM, IIT Bombay?
SJMSOM is among the leading research-focused B-schools in India, with high international reputation and excellent global linkages. Some specific reasons why it is worth joining SJMSOM –
Strong Graduate Programs
- • SJMSOM has one of the top-ranking MBA programmes. The Ph.D. program is one of the finest in the country and at any given time, faculty members guide on an average 4-5 Ph.D. students from within SJMSOM and other departments.
- • IITB-Monash Research Academy also attracts outstanding Ph.D. candidates to SJMSOM.
- • A joint degree EMBA is launched in 2015 with Olin Business School, which runs one of the world’s top EMBA programs.
SJMSOM and the Institute offer an environment conducive to research
- • Opportunities to collaborate with or be part of vibrant multi-disciplinary research centres such as SINE, CTARA, and the Research Park & Entrepreneurship Centre.
- • Easily manageable teaching load (currently, school average is ~ 90 contact hours per year per faculty) with Teaching Assistants for large classes; reduced teaching load for new faculty.
- • A seed grant of INR 7 lakhs and Ph.D. Support Grant worth about INR 10 lakhs offered to all new faculty to jump-start their research. Various avenues to raise additional research grants.
- • One of the finest library resources in the world; practically everything you need is available.
Faculty Benefits (subject to changes in policies, they are usually for the better)
- • A sign-up bonus of INR 4 lakhs under Young Faculty Award for all new faculty.
- • Allowance of up to INR 6 lakhs (3 lakhs as per government CPDA norms, and an IITB top-up of 3 lakhs), in a block of three years to cover international research collaboration visits, conferences, membership fees, and purchase of miscellaneous items.
- • On-campus housing with free Internet and telephone bill reimbursement, and practically free on-campus education at Kendriya Vidyalaya (Central School) and Campus School with State Board syllabus.
- • Free medical care at IIT Hospital and selected super-specialty hospitals in Mumbai,
- • Leave Travel Allowance as per prevailing government rules.
- • Potential for earning substantial additional income through executive teaching and consulting.
Quality of life in the IIT Bombay Campus
The campus offers an absolutely unbeatable combination of living in the financial, business, and entertainment capital of India, while still enjoying the life in a lush green, pollution-free campus with all amenities needed for a high quality of life. The campus has two schools, a crèche, and easy availability of domestic help apart from highly reliable power and quality water supply.
IIT Bombay has world-class sports culture and facilities that are arguably the best among all IIMs/IITs; these include an Olympics-sized swimming pool, tennis courts, squash courts, five air-conditioned wooden-floor badminton courts, floodlit running track, football and hockey grounds, sports complex with state-of-the-art gym, viewing gallery etc and professional coaches for most sports.
The campus is a buzz with student-led cultural activities throughout the year. Faculty and their dependents have the option of joining various foreign language courses, dance, and art classes along with the students. Outside the campus, the most energetic city of India invites you to explore it. Hiking in the nearby Sahyadris is another favorite weekend activity for students and faculty.