213, Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai
- Associate Professor, IIT Bombay: November 2017 to present
- Assistant Professor, IIT Bombay: December 2011 to November 2017
- Postdoctoral Researcher, ETH Zurich: December 2008 to November 2011
- (Doctoral-level) Fellow Programme in Management, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- B.E. (Mechanical): National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Finalist, Chan Hahn Best Paper Award, 78th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Chicago, IL, USA, August 2018.
- Vice President Decision Sciences Institute Asia-Pacific Award for the Best Paper, ISDSI International Conference, IIM Trichy, December 2017.
- Best Theory-Driven Empirical Research Paper Award, 48th Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, Washington DC, USA, November 2017.
- Nominee, Best Theory‐Driven Empirical Research Paper Award, Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute (DSI), Tampa, Florida, USA, November 2014.
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Decision Sciences (journal)
- Sourav Sengupta, Tarikere T. Niranjan, Mohan Krishnamoorthy, and Wendy van der Valk (2018) “A client-centric risk-based taxonomy of service triads”, The Service Industries Journal DOI: 10.1080/02642069.2018.1504923
- Sourav Sengupta, Tarikere T. Niranjan, and Mohan Krishnamoorthy (2018), “Trends and directions in service triads research”, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management 48, No. 3, pp. 333-360.
- Tarikere T. Niranjan, Shashank Rao, Sourav Sengupta, and Stephan M. Wagner (2014), “Existence and extent of operations and supply management departmental thought worlds: An empirical study”, Journal of Supply Chain Management, Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 76-95.
- Sidhartha S. Padhi, Stephan M. Wagner, Tarikere T. Niranjan, and Vijay Aggarwal (2013), “A simulation-based methodology to analyse production line disruptions”, International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 1885-1897.
- Stanley E. Griffis, Shashank Rao, Thomas J. Goldsby, and Tarikere T. Niranjan (2012), “The customer consequences of returns in online retailing: An empirical analysis”, Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 282-294.
- Tarikere T. Niranjan, Stephan M. Wagner, and Stephanie M. Nguyen (2012), “Prerequisites to vendor-managed inventory”, International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 939-951.
- Tarikere T. Niranjan, Stephan M. Wagner, and Christoph Bode (2011), “An alternative theoretical explanation and empirical insights into over-ordering behavior in supply chains”, Decision Sciences, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp. 859-888.
- Tarikere T. Niranjan and Miles Weaver (2011), “A unifying view of goods and services supply chain management”, The Service Industries Journal, Vol. 31, No. 14, pp. 2391-2410.
- Tarikere T. Niranjan, Stephan M. Wagner, and Vijay Aggarwal (2011), “Measuring information distortion in real-world supply chains”, International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 49, No. 11, pp. 3343-3362.
- Tarikere T. Niranjan and Bhimaraya A. Metri (2008), “Client-vendor-end user triad: Service quality model for IS/ITES outsourcing”, Journal of Services Research, 8, No. 1, pp. 123-138.
- Tarikere T. Niranjan, Kulbhusan C. Saxena, and Sangeeta S. Bharadwaj (2007), “Process-oriented taxonomy of BPOs: An exploratory study”, Business Process Management Journal, 13, No. 4, pp. 588-606.
Book Chapters/Pedagogical cases
- Tarikere T. Niranjan and Samir K. Srivastava (2008), “Managing capacity at Sparsh call centre”, Asian Case Research Journal, 12, No. 1, pp. 73-103.
- Gizem Arici and Tarikere T. Niranjan (2014), “CRM maturity and its impact on B2B customer satisfaction: An empirical study”, in Warkentin, Merrill (Ed.) Trends and Research in the Decision Sciences: Best Papers from the 2014 Annual Conference, Pearson/FT Press; 1st edition.
Nominee, Best Theory-Driven Empirical Research Paper Award, 2014 Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute (DSI), Tampa, Florida, USA.
- Tarikere T. Niranjan and Gizem Arici (2016), “When IT happiness doesn’t extend to your customers”, Industrial and Systems Engineering, 48, No. 11, pp. 38-43.
- Tarikere T. Niranjan and Shashank Rao (2012), “The human link: Departmental thought worlds can distort supply chain reality one bit at a time”, Industrial Engineer, 44, No. 6, pp. 42-47.
- Tarikere T. Niranjan and Shashank Rao (2011), “A toolkit for balanced outsourcing”, Industrial Management, 53, No. 3, pp. 19-24.
- Tarikere T. Niranjan, Stephan M. Wagner, and Bublu S. Thakur-Weigold (2011), “Are you ready for VMI?”, Industrial Engineer, 43, No. 2, pp. 39-44.
Membership of Editorial Review Boards: Journal of Operations Management (March 2014 – to date), Journal of Business Logistics (June 2017 – to date).
Ad Hoc Reviewer Assignments: Decision Sciences (Outstanding Reviewer Award 2014), International Journal of Production Research, International Journal of Production Economics, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Operations Management Research, Production and Operations Management, Service Science.
- National Advisory Board, 12th ISDSI Conference in Mumbai, 2018.
- Program Committee, ISDSI Conferences in Delhi–2014, Pune–2015, Nashik–2016.
- Doctoral Consortium faculty, NITIE – POMS Conference in Mumbai, 2014.
- Reviewer for Best Student Paper Award, 44th DSI Annual Meeting in Baltimore, MD, USA, 2013.
- Session/Track Chair for a couple of conferences.
Recent Conference Presentations
- 78th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management August 10-14, 2018 | Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- 9th Annual Meeting of the European Decision Sciences Institute June 3-6, 2018 | Udine, Italy.
- POMS 28th Annual Conference 4-8 May, 2017 | Seattle, Washington, USA.
- 4th ISB – POMS Workshop, December 19-20, 2016 | Hyderabad, India.
- Young Scholars Workshop, 11th annual Behavioral Operations Conference June 14-16, 2016 | Madison, Wisconsin, USA.
- 75th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management August 7-11 2015 | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- 45th Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute November 22-25, 2014 | Tampa, Florida, USA.
- Army Management Studies Board Symposium, College of Materials Management, Jabalpur (January 2018)
- Fisher College of Business, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA (June 2017)
- Chair of Logistics Management, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland (June 2012, June 2016)
- Mannheim Business School, Mannheim University, Mannheim, Germany (May 2016)
- Curtin Graduate School of Business, Curtin University, Perth, Australia (March 2015)
- Monash Business School, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia (March 2015)
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad (February 2015)
- Samuel C. Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA (November 2014)
- Pranoti Mane, IIT Bombay, Graduated: January 2018. Thesis title: “The Effect of Supply Network Characteristics on Firms’ Environmental Practices”
- Sourav Sengupta, IITB-Monash Research Academy, Graduated in October 2018. (Jointly supervised by Professor Mohan Krishnamoorthy). Thesis title: “Studies in Service Triads”
- Raveen R Menon, IITB-Monash Research Academy (Jointly supervised with Prof. Dayna Simpson): Ongoing
- Neha Uttam: Currently in coursework stage
Departmental Service/Committee Work
- 2018 – to date: School PR and Accreditations Coordinator
- 2017 – to date: IIT Bombay Institute Ethics Committee Member
- 2016 – 18: School MDP Coordinator
- 2014 – 16: School Ph.D. Coordinator
- 2012 – 14: School Post Graduate Committee Secretary
- 2012 – 14: School Faculty Search Committee Convener
- 2012 – 13: IITB–WUSTL Joint EMBA Committee Member
- Project Management (Minor)
- Operations Management – I (Core)
- Operations Management – II (Core)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Elective)
- Service Operations Management (Elective)
IITB–WUSTL Joint EMBA:
- Operations and Manufacturing Management (Core)
- Qualitative Research Methodologies (Core)
- Behavioral Operations Management (Elective)
- Service Research (Elective)
MDP sessions for ACG, Godrej & Boyce, Executive Programme in Management, Research Methodologies for Academics
Commissioned Officer, Indian Air Force