Faculty positions at Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay
The School is actively hiring in all areas and at all levels to meet its ambitious growth plans. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in management or allied areas and outstanding research credentials. Experience in doctoral supervision is highly desirable at senior levels.
Why SJMSOM, IIT Bombay?
SJMSOM is among the leading research-focused B-schools in India, with high international reputation and excellent global linkages. Some specific reasons why it is worth joining SJMSOM –
Strong Graduate Programs
- SJMSOM has one of the top-ranking Master of Management programmes (equivalent to MBA). The PhD program is one of the finest in the country and at any given time, faculty members guide an average of 4-5 PhD students from within SOM and other departments.
- IITB-Monash Research Academy also attracts outstanding PhD candidates to SJMSOM.
- A joint degree EMBA is being launched from 2015 withOlin Business School, which runs one of the world’s top EMBA programs. Deeper ties at the level of joint research and faculty mobility are being worked upon.
SJMSOM and the Institute offer an environment conducive to research -
- Opportunities to collaborate with or be part of vibrant multi-disciplinary research centres such as SINE, CTARA, and the upcoming Research Park and Entrepreneurship Centre.
- Easily manageable teaching load (currently, school average is ~ 90 contact hours per year including MBA courses and Ph.d. seminars) with TAs for large classes; reduced teaching load for new faculty.
- A seed grant of INR 7 lakhs (likely to be at least doubled very soon) and Ph.D. Support Grant worth about INR 10 lakhs offered to all new faculty to jump-start their research. Various avenues to raise additional research grants.
- One of the finest library resources in the world; practically everything you need is available.
Faculty Benefits (subject to changes in policies, they are usually for the better)
- A sign-up bonus of INR 4 lakhs under Young Faculty Award for all new faculty.
- Allowance of up to INR 6 lakhs (3 lakhs as per government CPDA norms, and an IITB top-up of 3 lakhs), in a block of three years to cover international research collaboration visits, conferences, membership fees, and purchase of miscellaneous items.
- On-campus housing with free Internet and telephone bill reimbursement, and practically free on-campus education at Kendriya Vidyalaya (Central School), which was rated India’s No. 1 KV recently.
- Free medical care at IIT Hospital and selected super-specialty hospitals in Mumbai, such as Ambani Hospital. LTA as per prevailing government rules.
- Potential for earning substantial additional income through executive teaching and consulting.
Quality of life in the IIT Bombay Campus
The campus offers an absolutely unbeatable combination of living in the financial, business, and entertainment capital of India, while still enjoying the life in a lush green, pollution-free campus with all amenities needed for a high quality of life. The campus has two schools, a crèche, and easy availability of domestic help apart from highly reliable power and quality water supply.
IIT Bombay has world-class sports culture and facilities that are arguably the best among all IIMs/IITs; these include an Olympics-sized swimming pool, tennis courts, squash courts, five air-conditioned wooden-floor badminton courts, floodlit running track, football and hockey grounds, and professional coaches for most sports. A new INR 16-crore sports complex with state-of-the-art gym, viewing gallery etc. will be operational by 2015.
The campus is abuzz with student-led cultural activities throughout the year. Faculty and their dependents have the option of joining various foreign language courses, dance, and art classes along with the students. Outside the campus, the most energetic city of India invites you to explore it. Hiking in the nearby Sahyadris is another favorite weekend activity for students and faculty.
We will consider truly exceptional candidates in all fields of management and related areas.
Application form in proper format [available at :http://www.iitb.ac.in/en/careers/application-forms-faculty-positions ] alongwith summary sheet, teaching and research statements may be directed to: Faculty_Recruit[at]som.iitb.ac.in. Incomplete applications will not be processed further. Please note that given the large number of applications, we only contact shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from us within two months, you may assume that your application has not been shortlisted for the next stage.