214, Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, I.I.T.Bombay, Powai, Mumbai-400076
Corporate competitiveness, specifically
- Strategies for competitiveness and sustainability
- Competitiveness of ventures (start-up to corporate)
- Cooperative strategies, internationalization and international business (IB)
- Management of technology and innovation (MoT)
- International competitiveness (MGT671)
- Competitiveness for sustainable enterprise (MGT679)
- Strategic management of technology (MNG608)
- Corporate competitiveness
- Technology Management
Notes: Courses designed and piloted at SJMSOM, IITB are marked with course no. (url are for moodle; may contact me for learning pack)
- Professor (2009 onwards), Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai
- Associate Professor (2005-2009), Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Assistant Professor (1997-2004), Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology,Delhi
Visiting Associate Professor, Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo, Japan, (July 2008-Dec. 2008) and other leading university in Japan
For industry-academia cooperation, Dr. Momaya has worked with select firms in India and Japan. These include Gherzi Eastern, Shimizu Corporation, Vidyatech Solutions and JMAC Inc., Tokyo.He has done research and consulting projects for customers in government ministries and industry in India and Japan.
He serves on Board of Advisor of select institutions or committees or journals such as:
- Managing Committee of the Global Journal of Flexible Systems and Management (JSFM)
- An Expert Committee of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India
- National Competitiveness Research, Institute of Industrial Policy Studies, Korea (2009-2013)
- Journal of Advances in Management Research (JAMR)
- He also served on editorial advisory board of select professional journals
- Editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Global Business and Competitiveness (IJGBC)
- He has contributed in editorial roles to select journals such as Journal of Advances in Management Research (JAMR) and Global Journal of Flexible Systems and Management (JFSM).
He has reviewed papers for many journals related to his research. Here is just an indicative list:
Vikalpa, IIMB Management Review, plus select other journals (for quality papers related to competitiveness) such as Competitiveness Review, Technovation, Journal of International Business and Economy (JIBE) and select international conferences such as AIB, GLOGIFT, PICMET
Ph.D. Research Scholars & Broad Topics
- Sneha Bhat, Innovation & International Competitiveness
- Sundar Parthasarathy, Internationalisation Strategy (joint guidance with Prof. S. K. Jha)
- Dharmesh Gupta, Technological Innovation for Mobile Services (joint guidance with Prof. K. Jain)(2017)
- Sudhir Mittal, Technological Competitiveness (2014)
- Sanjay Bhattacharya, Growth Strategies (2013)
- R. Umamaheswari, Strategy for Breakthrough Growth(2011)
- Ashish Kumar, Diffusion of Innovation (2011)
- Tapan Sahoo, Strategic Technology Management(2011)
- Ruchi Srivastava, Organizational Effectiveness(2009)
- Broto Rauth-Bhardwaj, CorporateEntrepreneurship (2008)
- Anita Seth, Service Quality in Telecom (2008)
- Rajiv Dwivedi, e-BusinessTransformations (2006)
- Luis Ceneviz, Organizational Flexibility (2006)
- Vijay Devgan, Technology Transfer(2005)
- Ajitabh, Competitivenessof Software Industry (2003)
- Himanshu Shee, Competitivenessthrough Technology Management (2002)
- Year in bracket is year of final defense. Many are projects involving collaborative guidance with IIT colleagues.
- Our group is looking for capable and motivated students keen on taking challenges. Interested candidates can email detailed CV.
(select ones with exceptional contribution to competitiveness or knowledge creation or project)
- Rahul Prajapat (NTT Japan)
- Anup Bali
- Sachin Salian (Biz. Analyst, Indus Valley Partners)
- Surinderpal Singh
- Poonam Agrawal
- Mahtab Masood (Deloitte, Dallas)
- Raj Mohan (HP)
- Sanjoe Tom Jose (CEO, Talview)
- Puneet Bansal (SBI Capital Markets)
- Kapil Bardeja (CEO, Kritikal Securescan)
- Vivek Pandey (PGCIL)
- Manish Singhal (L&T, ECC)
- Pranjal Bhatnagar (Adobe)
- Swapnil Wanzari
(Select ones with exceptional learning)
- Rahul Gope
- Karan Gupta
- Ketan Bhokray
- Pranusha Manthri
- Ankit Garg (E&Y)
- Sujata Biswas
- Sarang Kulkarni
- Ruchita Gupta
- Sourav Sengupta
- Amruta Deokar
- Nikita Mehta
- Lalit Lalwani
- Ankur Basumatary (ICICI)
- Ashish Sharda (Google)
- Anuprita Singh (India Community Centre, San Franisco)
- Tanay Sape (Barclays Japan)
- Venkata Krishna (Rakuten, Japan)
- Jitendra Gujarathi (NTT Data, Japan)
- Siddharam Basargi
Note: Name of the organization/firm in bracket is indicative only
- Won Gold Medal and prize for comingfirst in the University during undergraduate studies atthe Gujarat University
- Topper with 10 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) during M. Tech. at IIT Delhi
- Plus several firsts for an IITianacademia in Japan: e.g.
- Plenary address at Asian Academy of Management Conference in Kyoto, 2001
- Competitiveness Initiatives (projects, research, knowledge creation & sharing, courses, MDPs,..)
- Founder mentor of Strategy and Competitiveness Lab at Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi; the lab has already completed many projects including seven Ph.D. thesis defended (during 2005-2011)
- India-East Asia cooperation initiative: He and associates continues to work in East Asian arenas.He has several firsts for an Indian academia in management in Japan: just a glimpse
- Addressing industry leaders in Japan, 2011 (more) http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nb20110212d1.html
- Increasing number of IITB students are exploring challenges in East Asia after learning basics of language, country, society and culture
- Healthy team members who like to play in triathlon,marathon, swimathon or higher
- Sustainability awareness initiative
Glimpse of select publications of Dr. K. S. Momaya and researchers
Select Refereed Journal Papers
- Gargate G. and Momaya K. S., (2018), “Intellectual Property Management System: Develop and Self-assess using IPM Model”, World Patent Information, Vol. 52, pp. 29-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wpi.2018.01.005
- Gupta D., Gupta R., Jain K., K. S. Momaya, (2017), “Innovations in Mobile Value-Added Services: Findings from Cases in India”, International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management 14 (06), 1750037
- Parthasarathy S., Momaya K. S. and Jha S. K., (2017), EMNEs venturing into advanced economies: Findings from comparative cases of two Indian MNEs, Thunderbird International Business Review,59, No.3, May/June 2017, pp. 437-454. DOI: 10.1002/tie.21890
- Momaya K. S. and Lalwani L., (2017),”Systems of technological innovation: a review of research activities taking the case of nanotechnology and India”, Technology Analysis & Strategic Management. 29, No. 6, 626-641, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09537325.2016.1220516
- Momaya K. S., Bhat S. and Lalwani L., (2016), “Institutional Growth and Industrial Competitiveness: Exploring the Role of Strategic Flexibility Taking the Case of Select Institutes in India”, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management. DOI 10.1007/s40171-016-0144-2.
- Momaya K. S., (2016),”City clusters and break-out in corporate competitiveness“,Competitiveness Review, Vol. 26(4), pp. 415 – 434.
- Bhardwaj S., Padmanabham G., Jain K., Momaya K. S. and Joshi S. V., (2015), “Strategic Alliances for Advanced Materials’ Intellectual Property Value Chain: Research and Technology Organisation’s Perspective”, International Journal of Intellectual Property Management, 8 3/4:, pp. 207-226,
- Manthri P., Bhokray K. and Momaya K.S., (2015), “Export Competitiveness of Select Firms from India: Glimpse of Trends and Implications”, Indian Journal of Marketing, 45(5), 7–13.
- Kumar, A., Shankar, R. and Momaya, K. S., (2015). “What’s the right game? Time-to-market vs “coopetition” in the Myanmar mobile market”, Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 27(2), 349-363.
- Momaya, K. S., Manthri, P. and Reddy, P. M., (2013),“Organizational innovation for institutional growth: Findings from a sustained initiative at IIT Bombay. In Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE) & IEEE International Technology Management Conference, 2013 International Conference, June,(pp. 1-12). IEEE explore.
- Mittal S.K., Momaya K.S. and Sushil, 2013, “Longitudinal and Comparative Perspectives on the Competitiveness of Countries: Learning from Technology and the Telecom Sector”, Journal of CENTRUM Cathedra: The Business and Economics Research Journal, 6(2), 235-256.
- Bhattacharya S., Momaya K. S. and Iyer K. C., 2013, “Enablers Of Growth In Indian Construction Companies: A Comparative Study of Polar Cases”, International Journal of Organizational Analysis, Vol. 21, No. 23, pp. 428-453.
- Bhattacharya S., Momaya K. S. and Iyer K., C., 2012, “Strategic change for growth: A case of construction company in India”. Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management,Volume 13, Issue 4, December 2012, Pages 195-205
- Sahoo T, Banwet D.K. and Momaya K., 2011, “Strategic Technology Management in Practice: SAP-LAP Hills Analysis of an Automobile Manufacturer In India”, International Journal of Business Excellence (IJBEX),Vol. 4, No.5, pp. 519 – 543,
- Bhardwaj, B.R., Sushil and Momaya, K., 2011, “Entrepreneurship in Indian context: SAP-LAP learningcritical success factors”, International Journal of Engineering Management and Economics (IJEME),Vol. 2, Nos. 2/3, pp.231–251.
- Sahoo T., Banwet D. K. and Momaya K , 2011, “Developing a Conceptual Framework for Strategic Technology Management using ISM & MICMAC Methodology: A Case of Automotive Industry in India”Global Business Review, Vol. 12 (1), pp.117-143.
- Umamaheswari R., Sushil and Momaya K., 2011, “Breakthrough Growth Firms: Findings from Corporate India, 1997-2007”, Asia Pacific Journal of Research in Business Management(APJRBM), Vol. 2, Issue 6, pp. 170-196.
- Momaya K., 2011, “Cooperation for Competitiveness of Emerging Countries: Learning from a Case of Nanotechnology”, Competitiveness Review: An International Business Journal incorporating Journal of Global Competitiveness, Vol. 21 Issue 2, pp.152 – 170.
- Sahoo T., Banwet D.K. and Momaya K., 2011, “Strategic Technology Management in Auto Component Industry in India: A Case Study of Select Organizations”, Journal of Advances in Management Research,Vol. 8, No.1, pp. 9-29.
- Bhardwaj B. R., Sushil and Momaya K., 2011, “Drivers and Enablers of Corporate Entrepreneurship: Case of a Software Giant from India”,Journal of Management Development, Vol. 30 No. 2, pp. 187-205,
- Sahoo T., Banwet D. K. and Momaya K., 2010, “Strategic Technology Management in Practice: Dynamic SAP-LAP Analysis of an Auto Component Manufacturing Firm in India”, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Vol.11, Nos.1 & 2, pp. 19-30.
- Sharma S., Momaya K. and Manohar K., 2010, “Assessing the Performance Of Telecommunication Industry in India: A Data Envelopment Analysis”, Journal of International Business and Economy (JIBE), Volume 11, No.2, Fall, pp. 29-47.
- Kumar A., Shankar R., Momaya K. and Gupte S., 2010, “The Market for Wireless Electricity: The Case of India”, Energy Policy, 38, 1537-1547.
- Mittal S., Momaya K. and Sushil, 2009, “Technological Competitiveness of Telecommunication Industry in India: Glimpse of Reality, Opportunities and Challenges”, Global Journal of Business Excellence, Vol. 2, No 1, pp. 22 -33.
- Bhattacharya S., Momaya K., and Iyer K. C. 2009, “Enablers of Sustaining Competitiveness: A Case of Growth Strategies of Top International Construction Companies”, Global Business Review, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 45-66.
- Kumar A., Momaya K., Shankar R., 2009, “No Dawn for New Dawn”, Asian Journal of Management Cases, SAGE, Vol. 6, pp. 27-35.
- Momaya K., 2008, “Exploring Cooperative Strategies for Innovation: Case of Biopharmaceutical Firms from India and Japan”, 研究技術計画, The Journal of Science Policy and Research Management,23 (4), pp. 327-338.
- Momaya K., 2008, “Evaluating Country Competitiveness in Emerging Industries: Learning From a Case of Nanotechnology”, Journal of International Business and Economy,(JIBE),Vol. 9, No. 1, Spring, pp. 37-58.
- Seth A., Momaya K, and Gupta H. M., 2008, “Managing the Customer Perceived Service Quality for Cellular Mobile Telephony: An Empirical Investigation”, Vikalpa-The Journal for Decision Makers,Vol. 33, No. 1, January-March, pp. 19-34.
- Umamaheswari R. and Momaya K., 2008, “Role of Creative Marketing in 10X Journey: Case of IT Firms from India”, IIMB Management Review, Vol. 20, No. 1, March, pp. 113-130.
- Bhardwaj, Broto; Jain, Sudhir; Sushil, Sushil; and Momaya, Kiran, 2007, “Model Of Corporate Entrepreneurship: Application of Structural Equation Modelling”, Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research: Vol. 27: Iss. 21, Article 8.
- Kumar, A., Baisya, R. K., Shankar, R., & Momaya, K. 2007,Diffusion of mobile communications: Application of Bass diffusion model to BRIC countries.Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, 66(4), 312.
- Seth A., Gupta H. M., and Momaya K., 2007, “Quality of Service Parameters in Cellular Mobile Communication”, International Journal of Mobile Communications, Vol. 5, Issue 1, pp. 67-93.
- Bhardwaj B. R., Sushil and Momaya K., 2007, “Corporate Entrepreneurship: Application of Moderator Method”, Singapore Management Review 29 (1), First half, pp. 47-58
- Bhardwaj B. R., Sushil and Momaya K., 2007, “Corporate Entrepreneurship Model: A Source of Competitiveness”, IIMB Management Review, Vol. 19, No.2, pp. 131-145.
- Seth A., Momaya K. and Gupta H. M., 2006, “Intra-Organizational Quality Measurement: The Case of Cellular Mobile Services”, International Journal of Services Technology & Management, Vol. 7, Issue 4, p347-368, 22p.
- Momaya K., Takabumi H., Tokuda A., 2006, “Competitiveness of Japan: Opportunities and Issues with Focus on Software Industry”, Ritsumeikan International Affairs, Vol. 4., pp. 71-93.
- Seth A., Momaya K and Gupta H. M., 2005, “An Exploratory Investigation of Customer Loyalty and Retention in Cellular Mobile Communication”, Journal of Services Research, December, p. 173-185.
- Momaya K., 2005, “Enhancing Learning Performance Through Knowledge Management”, Management and Change, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 55-68.
- Momaya K., Shee H. K. and Tokuda A., 2005, “Technology and Innovation Management for Competitiveness: Context of an Emerging Industry in India”, ShakaiSisutemuKenkyu (Social Systems Research), Ritsumeikan University, Japan, No. 11, Sept., p. 1-15.
- Momaya K., 2005, “Role of ICT for Competitiveness: Learning from the Case of Software Industry in India”,IETE Technical Review, Vol.22, No. 5, Sept-Oct., pp 341-350.
- Momaya K. and Ajitabh A., 2005, “Technology Management and Competitiveness: Is there any Relationship?,” International Journal of Technology Transfer and Commercialization, vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 518-524.
- Ambastha A. and Momaya K., 2004, “Challenges for Indian Software Firms to Sustain their Global Competitiveness”, Singapore Management Review, Second half, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 65-77.
- Ambastha A. and Momaya K., 2004, “Competitiveness of Firms: Review of Theory, Frameworks and Models”, Singapore Management Review, First half, Vol.26, No.1, pp. 45-61.
- Banwet D.K., Momaya K. and Shee H.K., 2003, “Competitiveness through technology management: an empirical study of the Indian software industry”, International Journal of Services Technology and Management, Vol. 4, No. 2, , pp. 131-155.
- Shee, H.K., Momaya, K., Banwet, D.K., 2002, “Strengthening Processes to Enhance Competitiveness: An Empirical Study of Indian Software Industry”, Journal of Global Competitiveness, Washington D.C. , October, Vol. 10 (1), pp. 1-25.
- Momaya K. and Ajitabh, 2002 “Competitiveness of Software Industry: A Case of India”,The Journal of Asian Management Studies, Japan, No. 8, June, pp. 20 – 29.
- Banwet, D.K., Momaya, K., and Shee, H.K., 2002 “Competitiveness: Perceptions, Reflections and Directions”, Management Update, IIMB Management Review, 14 (3), Sept., pp. 105-116.
- Momaya K. and Tunikipati V., 2001, “Are Indian Software Services firms Competitive in Japan?”,South Asian Journal of Management, 8 (3&4), July-Dec., pp. 47-56.
- Momaya K., Banwet D.K., Ajitabh and Shee H.K., 2001, “Japanese Corporate Strategies to Achieve International Competitiveness: A Case of the Telecom Industry”, Asian Academy of Management Journal, Malaysia, 6 (2), July, pp. 73-88.
- Momaya K., 1998, “Evaluating International Competitiveness at the Industry Level”, Vikalpa-The Journal for Decision Makers, IIM Ahmedabad, April-June, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 39-46.
- Momaya K. and Selby K., 1998, “International Competitiveness of the Canadian Construction Industry: a Comparison with Japan and the United States,” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, August, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 640-652,Ottawa, Canada.
Chapters in Books
- Salian S., Bali A., Yugandhar V., Momaya K.S., 2018, Analyzing the Role of Management of Technology in the Growth of Technology Ventures. In: Sushil, Singh T., Kulkarni A. (eds) Flexibility in Resource Management. Flexible Systems Management. Springer, Singapore, pp. 147-160. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-4888-3_10
- Momaya K. S. and Bhat S., 2016, “Longitudinal Trends in Competitiveness: Exploring Role of Intellectual Property for Innovation Capabilities in Case of Pharmaceutical Firms in India”, in ‘IP for Development: The Emerging Paradigm’, Mukundan R., Jha S. K. and Jain K. (eds.), Excel India Publishers, New Delhi, pp. 73-86.
- Mittal, S. K., and Momaya, K. S, 2016, “A Framework Conceptualization for National Technological Competitiveness,”Managing Flexibility. Sushil, Bhal K. T and Singh S P, Springer. , pp.245-270. DOI: 10.1007/978-81-322-2380-1_18
- Momaya K. S. 2014, “A New Perspective for Industrial Competitiveness: Exploring the Role of IITs”. In the book,Organisational Flexibility and Competitiveness, (pp.91-102), Springer, DOI 10.1007/978-81-322-1668-1
- AshishSharda, Sudhir K. Jain and Kirankumar S. Momaya, 2014, “Competitiveness Situation of a Key Segment in Solar Photovoltaic Industry in India: An Exploratory Study”. In the book,Organisational Flexibility and Competitiveness, (pp. 73-90), Springer, DOI 10.1007/978-81-322-1668-1
- Momaya, K. S., and Chachondia, S., 2013,Technology Management to Accelerate Competitiveness Journey: Exploratory Case of a Renewable Energy Focal Firm from India. In Driving the Economy through Innovation and Entrepreneurship (pp. 51-61). Springer, DOI 10.1007/978-81-322-0746-7_5
- Momaya K. S. and Gupta R., 2013, “Economic Competitiveness and Disruptive Innovation:Exploring the Macro and Micro contexts in China and India”, in Lee P. P. (ed.), Disruptive Innovation in Chinese and Indian Businesses: The Strategic Implications for Local Entrepreneurs and Global Incumbents, 97, Routledge, pp. 33-49.
- Momaya K., 2006, Role of E-governance for Competitiveness of a Country: An Exploration to Identify Strategic Management Issues in Indian Context, Chapter 7 in the book, E-government: Macro Issues, edited by R. K. Mitra, GIFT Publishing, New Delhi, pp. 64-70.
- Momaya K., 2005, “Management Innovation for Competitiveness at Firm Level: Learning from Japanese Perspectives”, Chapter 39 in the book, Creating Value through People, edited by Pritam Singh, Ajay Singh and Daisy Chauhan, Excel Books, New Delhi, pp. 539-548.
- Momaya K. and Ganeshraj U., 2005, “Sustainable infrastructure development for competitiveness: Case of knowledge infrastructure”, chapter 57 in the book, Management of IT & Infrastructure for Flexibility & Competitiveness, edited by Mahesh Chandra Gupta and Janardan Singh Chauhan, Gift publishing, New Delhi.
- Bhardwaj B.R., Sushil and Momaya K., 2005, “Synthesis of research issues in corporate entrepreneurship: A literature review and indian field study”, chapter 8 in the book, Management of IT & Infrastructure for Flexibility & Competitiveness, edited by Mahesh Chandra Gupta and Janardan Singh Chauhan, Gift publishing, New Delhi.
- Dwivedi R., Sushil and Momaya K., 2005, E-Business in India: Early Evidence from Indian Manufacturing Industry, Chapter XIX in the book, Electronic Business in Developing Countries: Opportunities and Challenges, by SherifKamel (ed.), Idea Group Publishing, Hershey, USA, pp. 392-409.
- Shee, H.K., Momaya, K., Banwet, D.K., 2002, “Enhancing Competitiveness of Indian Software Firms: A Proposed Roadmap”, published in the book Strategies for Sustainable Growth: Challenges for Indian Business & Management Education, edited by Prof. J.L. Batra and Dr. S. Srivastava, AIMS publishing, pp. 353-364.
Cases / Articles in practitioner-focused journalsandpeer review conferences Cases
- Deokar A., Momaya K. S. and Pasalkar R. 2018, Exploring Drivers of a Rapid Venture Scale-up for BlueDrone: Identifying Strategic Options. Available at etcases.com,
- Momaya K. S., 2018, “Management of Technology and Innovation (MOT) for Competitiveness: Diagnosing Problems at Vonda Motors”. Mal H. and Mankad N (Eds.) , ‘Management Cases in Indian Context’ (and Teaching Note). Available at www.etcases.com, STG-1-0058.
- Sahoo T., Banwet D.K. and Momaya K., 2011, “Strategic Technology Management Practices in Select Auto Component Joint Ventures in India: A Case Study Using SAP-LAP Methodology”, International Journal of Engineering Management and Economics (IJEME), Vol. 2., No. 2/3, pp. 153-174.
- Momaya K., 2009, “Innovation for Rapid Scale-up in Competitiveness Performance: Ideas from the case of a Leading Firm from Emerging Country,” Performance Journal of E&Y, 2 (1), pp. 56-61.
- Momaya K., 2008, “SonaKoyo Steering Systems Limited: Spearheading Competitiveness In India’s Automotive Components Industry”,The Asia Case Research Centre (ACRC), The University of Hong Kong, 08/377C, pages 22. (Case and Teaching Note, 08/377TN, pages 6).
- Bhardwaj, B. R., & Momaya, K., 2006,“Role of organizational flexibility for corporate entrepreneurship: Case study of FedEx Corporation”. Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, 7(1/2), 37-44.
- Dwivedi R. Sushil and Momaya K., 2005, “E-Business Transformation and Stakeholder Flexibility: A Case Study”, Book “Management Case Studies”, by B. Shukla and S. Prashar, Amity University Press, pp. 399-416
- Dwivedi R. and Momaya K., 2003, “Stakeholder Flexibility in E-business Environment: A Case of an Automobile Company”, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Vol.4, No.3, pp.21-32.
- Ajitabh, Shee H.K. Momaya K., 2001, “Flexibility and Competitiveness: Case of Software / Services Firms in India”, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Vol. 2, No. 4, October-December, pp. 33-40.
- गुप्ता धर्मेश और मोमाया किरनकुमार सो. (२०१७), मोबाइल सेवाओं में रचनात्मक नवोन्मेश: एकीक्रुत विकास का उत्प्रेरक साधन, जिग्यासा, वोल्युम ३१, पान ६०-६३. भारतीय प्रौधोगिकी संस्थान दिल्ली ध्वारा प्रकाशित विग्यान जर्नल
- Momaya K. S. 2013. “Technological Innovations and Industrial Competitiveness: A Different Perspective”, UdyogPragati, Golden Jubilee Commemorative Issue, 37(3), July-Sept., 1-8
- Momaya K. S., Sundar P., Rustagi A. and Chand A., 2012, “Values Based Strategic Intent for Competitiveness: Learning from a Case of Flagship Firm”, Value-Based Management, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp.13-25
- Bhattacharya S., Iyer K. C. and Momaya K., 2012, “(Not Just) Made in China”, The Smart Manager, Vol. 11, July-Aug, Issue 4, pp. 88-92.
- Momaya K., 2011, “Team Leadership for Sustainable Competitiveness of India: Implications for Business Leaders”, Value-Based Management, Vol.1, No.1, June, pp.65-76
- Bhattacharya S, Iyer K.C. and Momaya K.,2009, “Growth Strategies: A Need for Construction Firms in India”, NICMAR Journal of Construction Management, April-June, Volume XXIV, No. II, pp. 20-26.
- Momaya K. and Yonekura S. , 2008, “Innovating for Future: Considering the Crisis as a Strategic Opportunity”, Performance Journal of E&Y, Dec
- Singhal M. and Momaya K., 2007, “Lean Construction: A Strategic Option for Competitiveness in India”, NICMAR Journal of Construction Management, XXII, No. IV, Oct. Dec., pp. 36-46.
- Pandey V. and Momaya K., 2007, “Relevance of Knowledge Management at Power System Operation Control Centers in India”, Productivity, Vol. 48, No. 1, April-June, pp. 56-61.
- Momaya K. and Singhal M., 2007, “Lean for Competitiveness of Construction Firms in India”, GITAM Journal of Management Vol. 5. No. 4, Oct-Dec., pp. 98-103
- Momaya K., 2007, “Cooperation for Competitiveness”, Smart Manager, Vol. 6, No. 5, Aug-Sep., pp 66-72
- Umamaheshwari R. and Momaya K., 2006, “Strategy and Implementation Approaches to Knowledge Management”, Productivity, Quarterly Journal of the National Productivity Council, April-Sept., No. 1-2, pp. 9-15.
- Momaya K., 2005, “The Promise of Future Industries”, Indian Management, Vol. 44, Issue 10, October, pp.58-61.
- Momaya K., and Ajitabh, 2004, “Software: Sustaining India’s Competitiveness,” Journal of the Confederation of Indian Industry, 13 (8), August, pp. 10-12.
- Momaya K., Sushil and Ajitabh, 2004,“Technology Capability Building for Competitiveness of Firms: Problems and Issues in Indian Context”, Productivity, Quarterly Journal of the National Productivity Council, 44 (4), Jan-March, pp. 595-605.
- Momaya K., and Bardeja K., 2004, “Does Indian consulting have a chance?”,Indian Management, Vol. 43, issue 7, pp. 46-53.
- Momaya K, Sushil and Chatterjee J, 2001, “Implementation Issues in Knowledge Management”, UdyogPragati: The Journal for Practising Managers, 25 (3), July-sept., pp 36-44.
- Momaya K and Ajitabh, 2000, “Evaluating Competitiveness: Comparing the Indian Construction Industry with its Asian Counterparts”, Construction Journal of India, July-August.
- Momaya K., 1999, “Role of Communication Networks in Network Organizations: A Case of Global Consultancy Firms“, Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, Vol. 58, No.3-4, March-April, pp 261-266.
- Momaya K. and Ajitabh, 1999, “Factors and Frameworks of Competitiveness,” Productivity, A Quarterly Journal of the National Productivity Council,New Delhi, Vol. 40 (2), July-Sept., pp 256-262.
- Bhat S. and Momaya K. S., 2018, “Exploring Innovation Capability as a Critical Success Factor for International Competitiveness of Pharmaceutical Firms from India”, GLOGIFT-2018 conference at IIM Lucknow, Dec. 18-20.
- Bhat S. and Momaya K. S., 2018, “Innovation Capabilities for Internationalization of EMNEs: Findings From Two Pharmaceutical Firms From India”, SMS India Conference in Hyderabad, Dec. 15-18, 2018
- Gope and Momaya K. S., 2018, “Enablers of Rapid Scale-up of Technology Ventures: Mapping Dynamic Critical Success Factors and Differentiating Capabilities from Indian contexts”, 6th PANIIM conference at IIM Bangalore, Dec. 13-15
- Tripathy S. and Momaya K. S., 2018, “Why Most Indian Startups Fail to Scale-up – Exploring the role of policy and other actors using Problem Structuring Methods”, 6th PANIIM conference at IIM Bangalore, Dec. 13-15
- Murthy J. and Momaya K. S., 2018, “Exploring IP and Competitiveness Patterns and Linkages: Findings from a Comparative Case of two Major Industries in India”, in Jain K., R. Mukundan and Jha S. K. (eds.), ”IP for Development: The Emerging Paradigm”, Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Management of Intellectual Property and Strategy (MIPS), Excel India Publishers, New Delhi, pp. 147-156., Rating B, 31st Jan- 3 Feb.
- Manthri and Momaya K. S., 2016, “Disruptive Strategies for International Competitiveness: What can we learn from the Softbank story?”, Presented at Academy of International Business (AIB) India Chapter Conference-2016, held at IIM Indore, April 20-23.
- Bhat and Momaya K. S., 2016, “Criteria of Competitiveness Performance of Indian MNEs in Knowledge-Based Industries: Issues and Research Opportunities’”. Presented at Academy of International Business (AIB) India Chapter Conference-2016, held at IIM Indore, April 20-23.
- Biswas S., Momaya K.S. and Ghosh A., 2015, Capturing customer expectations in formulating strategies for e-commerce firms, Proc. of the 18th Annual Convention of the Strategic Management Forum, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, Dec. 17-19, pp. 240-260.
- Bali A., Salian S., Yugandhar V. and Momaya K. S., 2015, “Analysis of Growth of High-Tech Ventures and the Role of Management of Technology in Venture Scale-up”. 15th Global conference on Flexible Systems Management on ‘Flexibility for Manufacturing Excellence and Resource Management’, held in Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune, on 23-25 Oct.
- Mehta N., Lalwani L., Momaya K.S. and Jain K, 2014, “Exploring the patterns of venture scale-up: findings from IITB related ventures”, National conference on Industrial Engineering and Technology Management (NCIETM), ‘Challenges and Opportunities for IE in Emerging Economies’, NITIE, Mumbai, Oct. 29-31, pp. 301-307.
- Momaya, K. S., and Chachondia, S., 2014,“Review of industrial competitiveness and growth of solar firms in India: Exploring role of technology management and policy”. In Portland International Conference on Management of Engineering & Technology (PICMET), Japan, July, pp. 370-385. IEEE.
- Chachondia, S. and Momaya, K. S., 2014,“Disaggregation of infrastructure and service: Learning from Indian telecom sector”. In Portland International Conference on Management of Engineering & Technology (PICMET), Japan,July,pp. 1981-1997. IEEE.
- Momaya K. S., Manthri P., Basumatary A. and Mittal S. K., 2013, “IITs and Industrial Competitiveness: Findings from Benchmarking and Problem Structuring”, of Thirteenth Global Conference on Flexible Systems Management (Dec.13-15), DMS, IIT Delhi, pp. 697-712
- Basumatary A. and Momaya K. S., 2013, “Exploring the Role of IITs for Industrial Competitiveness: Findings from an Attempt at Systematic Review of Literature”, Proc. of Thirteenth Global Conference on Flexible Systems Management (Dec.13-15), DMS, IIT Delhi, pp. 713-722
- Momaya K. S., Vallaturu V. and Shah D., 2010, “Exploring Cooperation Opportunities for Oil and Gas Firms in India and Japan: Learning from a Case of Quick Competitiveness Evaluation”. Proceedings of Tenth Global Conference on Flexible Systems Management GLOGIFT 2010, ‘Designing for Flexibility and Security for the Future’, July 26-27, Yokohama, Japan
- Gupta R., Gupta D., Jain K. and Momaya K. S., 2010, “Value Creation for global markets: Opportunities for collaboration between India and Japan in Telecommunication Industry”. Proceedings of Tenth Global Conference on Flexible Systems Management GLOGIFT 2010, ‘Designing for Flexibility and Security for the Future’, July 26-27, Yokohama, Japan
- Momaya K. and Kuroda M., 2008, Cooperative Strategies for Innovation: Exploring Untapped Opportunities in Context of India and Japan in ICT Industry, 研究技術計画学会, The Japan Society for Science Policy and Research Management, 第２３回年次学術大会, Tokyo, 12-13 Oct.
- Momaya K. 2008, “Exploring cooperation opportunities for Emerging Industries: A Case of Nanotechnology,” presented at Waseda-IITD-IIM joint workshop in Tokyo, July.
+ + more in other journals (e.g. practitioner journal or magazines), and Indian or international conferences
Books/Proceedings authored/edited (jointly):
- Banwet D.K., Yadav S.S. and Momaya K.(eds.), 2003,“Management of Research & Development in the New Millennium”, Proceedings of the International Conference ICMARD 2003, Macmillan India Ltd., pp. 948. ISBN: 1403-90986-5
- Momaya K., 2001, “International Competitiveness: Evaluation and Enhancement”, Hindustan Publishing Corporation, New Delhi, pp. 171.ISBN: 81-7075-059-8
- Sushil and Momaya K. (eds.), 2001, “Globalization, Flexibility and Competitiveness: A Technology Management Perspective”,Vikas Publishing House, New Delhi, pp. 459. ISBN: 81-259-1106-9
- Sushil, Momaya K., Sharma O.P. (eds.), 2000, “New Business Paradigm: Global, Virtual and Flexible”, Proceedings of the Global Conference, Global Institute of Flexible Systems Management, Thomson Learning, Singapore,pp. 1168
- Sushil, Karunes S. and Momaya K. (eds.), 1997, “Globalization, Flexibility and Competitiveness”, Proceedings of International Conference on Management of Technology (ICMOT), Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi, December 21-24,pp. 1130.
Other Information / Opportunities / Openings / News
Growing demand from capable firms, industries, governments and other stakeholders for competitiveness and sustainability-related inputs creates opportunities for energetic youth to work with our Group on Competitiveness (GoC) at SJMSOM/IITB. Here are general suggestions for interested potential learners.
Potential Research Scholars: Ph.D. or beyond
- Considering increasing quality and demand on Ph.D., we encourage energetic youth in full time mode. Establishing good match (a necessity for remarkable Ph.D.) takes time. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their detailed CV and Statement of Purpose (SOP) to be at SJMSOM/IITB at an early stage and be ready to catch-up.
Young B.Tech./B.E./Other (only with excellence in competitiveness course)
Project Assistants (for very exceptional academic and fitness)
Post-doc / Associates
An example of recent project assistant opening
Changing environment post 2008 and increasing expectations within India are shaping requirements. We encourage high levels of health and fitness in our team members, who are keen on competitiveness and related projects. Potential applicants are requested to explicitly highlight their past and recent levels and achievements in their CV. Pl. state “Your Name Challenge Project” in subject line of your email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Center for Photovoltaic Research and Education (NCPRE)
- Climate Studies