- Ph. D. (Operations Management), University of Colorado, Boulder, USA (2006)
- M. Tech. (I.E.O.R.), Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (2000)
- B.E. (Production Engineering), V.J.T.I. Bombay (1995)
- Supply Chain Modelling under Uncertainty
- Innovation Diffusion Models
- Confidentiality Protection
- Due Date Scheduling
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Decision Models in Management
- Assistant Professor, SJMSOM, IIT Bombay, Mumbai (since May 2008)
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (Aug 2007-May 2008)
- Assistant Professor, S.P.J.I.M.R., Mumbai (July 2006-February 2007)
- Research Fellow, OptTek Systems Inc, Boulder, Colorado, USA (Oct 2003-May 2005)
- Manager, Bajaj Auto Ltd, Aurangabad (July 1995- June 1998)
Refereed Journal Articles
- Fred Glover, Lawrence H. Cox, Rahul Patil, James P. Kelly. 2011. Integrated exact, hybrid and metaheuristic learning methods for confidentiality protection. Annals of Operations Research, 183(1), 47-73.
- Divya Tiwari , Rahul Patil, Janat Shah. 2011. Unreliable newsboy problem with a forecast update. Operations Research Letters, 39, 278-282.
- Rahul Patil. 2010. Due Date Management to Improve Customer Satisfaction and Profitability. International Journal of Logistics: Research and Applications, 13(4), 273-289.
- Rahul Patil, Balram Avittathur, Janat Shah. 2010. Supply chain strategies based on recourse model for very short life cycle products . International Journal of Production Economics, 128(1), 3-10.
- Rahul Patil, Janat Shah. 2010. A Stochastic Programming with Recourse Model for Supply Chain and Marketing Planning of Short Life Cycle Products. Technology, Operations Management, Springer.
- Rahul Patil. 2008. Using Ensemble and Metaheuristics Learning Principles with Neural Networks to Improve Due Date Prediction Performance. International Journal of Production Research, 46(21), 6009-6027.
- Fred Glover, Lawrence H. Cox, James P. Kelly, Rahul Patil. 2008. Exact, Heuristic and Metaheuristic Methods for Confidentiality Protection by Controlled Tabular Adjustment. International Journal of Operations Research, 5(2), 117-128.
- Lawrence H. Cox, James P. Kelly, Rahul Patil. 2004. Balancing Quality and Confidentiality for Multi-Variate Tabular Data. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 3050, 87-98.
Selected Case Studies
Books and Selected Book Chapters
- Karuna Jain, Rahul Patil (Editors). 2009. Decision Sciences in Global Enterprise Management. MacMillan Publishers.
- Lawrence H. Cox, James P. Kelly, Rahul Patil. 2005. Computational Aspects of Controlled Tabular Adjustment. In The Next Wave in Computing, Optimization and Decision Technologies, edited by Golden B. et al.,Operations Research/Computer Science Interfaces Series, Vol. 29, Springer Science.
- Hart Fellowship Award (from Leeds School of Business, Boulder) – 2002 and 2003.
Significant Awards/ Distinctions
- Vice President – Programs and Meetings- the Indian Subcontinent Region Decision Sciences Institute (ISDSI). 2009- 2011.
- Vice President – Long Range Planning- the Indian Subcontinent Region Decision Sciences Institute (ISDSI). 2011- 2013.
- Conference co-chair, Improving Competitiveness through Decision Sciences -International Conference, 4th to 6th January 2012 , the Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
- Program Co-Chair, Global Interdependence and Decision Sciences - International Conference, ASCI, Hyderabad, 2009.
- Organizing Secretary, Decision Sciences in Global Enterprise Management- International Conferene, 2008, SJMSOM, IIT Bombay.
- Adhoc Reviewer for International Journal of Management Science (OMEGA), International Journal of Production Economics, European Journal of Operational Research, Technology Operation Management, Opsearch.
- MG 611- Operations Management - I (Spring 2009)
- MG 654 - Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Autumn 2008, 2009)
- MG 654 - LSCM Guest Lectures Arranged (2009) :
SC Design and Strategy - Mr. Shammi Dua, Head: Logistics and Customer Operations, Cadbury India
Multi Modal Transportation - Mr. Shammi Dua, Head: Logistics and Customer Operations, Cadbury India
- Sports , Travel and Movies.