Institute Chair Professor & Head Shailesh J Mehta School of Management IIT Bombay
Shivganesh Bhargava did his Ph. D. (Gujarat University, Ahmedabad) in the field of Performance Management with a distinguished Professor of Management at Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad after graduating from University of Allahabad.
He started his career in Research at the IIM Ahmedabad (1980-1984) and moved to teaching/research/consulting/training as Assistant Professor, (1991-1997), Associate Professor (1997-2003) and Professor (2003- ) at the IIT, Bombay. He served as Associate Professor (2000-2002) at IIM, Lucknow also. He did teach at Universities also before moving to IITB.
He has been the Visiting Scholar (August 2018) at Simon Fraser University, Canada and at Southampton University, UK (November 2010). He has also been the Global Scholar (February 2007) at University of Missouri, MU, USA.
Presently Head of Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay (2014- ) and Director, IIT Bombay Washington University Research & Education Academy (IWREA) (2015-). He has also been the Founder Director of JK Lakshmipat University Jaipur.
He is Coordinator (Programme Director 2004- ) of the Executive Programme in Management with specialization in Marketing & HRM (an academic year July-April on alternate weekend). He also facilitated to start Joint MBA degree programme for Senior Executives with Washington University St. Louise USA started 2015 and now is on well.
- VKRV Rao Award (2003) in Management by the ICSSR, New Delhi, which is awarded to person who has made significant original contributions to human knowledge and progress, applied or fundamental, who are citizens of India, below the age of 45 years, in the year for which the award is made, and engaged in research in any one of the social science disciplines.
- MPCOST Young Scientist Award (1988) by MP Young Science Congress Association & MP Council of Science and Technology.
- ISCA Young Scientist Award (1986) by Indian Science Congress Association.
- Best Paper Award (2012) by the Academy of Management, Boston USA.
- 3rd Best Paper Award (2012) by the International Human Resource Management, MDI, Gurgaon, India.
- Best Paper Award (2010) by the International Human Resource Management, Birmingham Aston UK.
- Education Leadership Award (February 16, 2018) by the 10th DNA Innovative Education Leadership Awards.
- Outstanding Contribution to Education Award (Nov.25, 2017) by the Silver Jubilee Edition of Business School Affaire & Dewang Mehta National Education Awards.
- Best Professor in Human Resources Management Award by the World Education Congress (June 28, 2013).
- Best Professor in Human Resources Management Award by ET NOW National Education Leadership Awards (February 2013).
Excellence in Corporate Building of People with Technology and Innovation by the Bombay Management Association, Mumbai at the BMA Corporate Connect meet, Wockardt Towers Mumbai (November 20, 2018).
He has published three books from the Sage (Response) Publications, 175 research papers in the international/national journals and international/national conferences/seminars.
Some of his publications are in International Journal of Human Resource Management, Journal of Managerial Psychology, International Journal of Human Resource Management and Development, Journal of Social Psychology and Journal of Experimental Social Psychology and Conferences like AOM and ANZAOM.
He has guided over 24 Post-doctoral, doctoral and M. Phil students completed dozen of sponsored and several consulting Projects. He has been the Chair/Co-Chair and is member/life member of national/international professional bodies.
AREA OF RESEARCH
- Managing Talent, Developing Competencies and Performance
- Expectation, Calling and Psychological Withdrawal (Deviant behavior at work)
- Organizational Resilience and Psychological Ownership, Engagement and Contract
- Value-Based Leadership and Developing Next Level Leaders
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Managing Family and Work in Techno-era
- NGO Effectiveness
- Positive Organizational Behavior (Mindfulness)
- Design Thinking, Social Capital for Competitive Advantage in Knowledge Economy
- Emotional Intelligence at Workplace