213, Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay — December 2011 to present
Assistant Professor, Shailesh J Mehta School of Management
Associate Professor, Shailesh J Mehta School of Management (November 2017 onwards)
- ETH Zurich — December 2008 to November 2011
Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Management, Technology and Economics
- Indian Air Force — May 1997 to May 2003
Commissioned Officer, frontline operational missile squadrons.
- Management Development Institute — Gurugram
Fellow Programme in Management, 2008
Thesis: Bullwhip effect and its behavioral causes: An empirically validated critique
Advisors: Professor Bhimaraya A. Metri and Professor Vijay Aggarwal
- The National Institute of Engineering — Mysuru
B.E., Mechanical, 1996
- Empirical Supply Chain Management
- Human Interaction in Operations Management
- B.Tech: Project Management (Minor)
- MBA: Operations Management (Core), Supply Chain Management, Service Operations Management
- PhD: Behavioral Operations Management, Qualitative Research Methodologies (Core)
- IITB-WUStL Joint EMBA: Operations & Manufacturing Management (Core)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Finalist, Chan Hahn Best Paper Award, Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management
- Vice President DSI Asia-Pacific Award for the Best Paper, ISDSI Conference
- Best Theory-Driven Empirical Research Paper Award, Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute
- Listed as a subject matter expert in OM area in “Research productivity in management schools of India during 1968-2015”, Omega: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2016.02.004
- Nominee, Best Theory‐Driven Empirical Research Paper Award, Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Decision Sciences
- Niranjan, T. T., Ghosalya, N. K., Gavirneni, S. (in press), Crying wolf and a knowing wink: A behavioral study of order inflation and discounting in supply chains, Production and Operations Management, https://doi.org/10.1111/poms.13595 (Winner, Best Theory-Driven Empirical Research Paper Award, 48th Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, Washington DC, USA, November 2017).
- Prasad, M., Sengupta, S., Niranjan, T. T. (2020), A peek into academic (de) motivation of undergraduates at India’s top engineering schools, European Journal of Engineering Education 45(4), 578–596. (ERA 2010 journal rating: A).
- Sengupta, S., Niranjan, T. T., Krishnamoorthy, M. (2018), Trends and directions in service triads research, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management 48(3), 333–360.
- Arici, G., Niranjan, T. T. (2014), CRM maturity and its impact on B2B customer satisfaction: An empirical study, in Warkentin, Merrill (Ed.) Trends and Research in the Decision Sciences: Best Papers from the 2014 Annual Conference, Pearson/FT Press; 1st edition. (Nominee, Best Theory-Driven Empirical Research Paper Award, 45th Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, Tampa, Florida, USA, November 2014).
- Niranjan, T. T., Rao, S., Sengupta, S., Wagner, S. M. (2014), Existence and extent of operations and supply management departmental thought worlds: An empirical study, Journal of Supply Chain Management, 50(4), 76–95.
- Griffis, S. E., Rao, S., Goldsby, T. J., Niranjan, T. T. (2012), The customer consequences of returns in online retailing: An empirical analysis, Journal of Operations Management, 30(4), 282–294.
- Niranjan, T. T., Wagner, S. M., Nguyen, S. M. (2012), Prerequisites to vendor-managed inventory, International Journal of Production Research, 50(4), 939–951.
- Niranjan, T. T., Wagner, S. M., Bode, C. (2011), An alternative theoretical explanation and empirical insights into over-ordering behavior in supply chains, Decision Sciences, 42(4), 859–888.
- Niranjan, T. T., Weaver, M. (2011), A unifying view of goods and services supply chain management, The Service Industries Journal, 31(14), 2391–2410.
- Niranjan, T. T., Wagner, S. M., Aggarwal, V. (2011), Measuring information distortion in real-world supply chains, International Journal of Production Research, 49(11), 3343–3362.
EDITORIAL REVIEW BOARDS
- Journal of Operations Management (March 2014 to present)
- Journal of Business Logistics (June 2017 to present)
- “Service triads: An empirical analysis”: Seed grant of INR 0.7 Million from IRCC, IIT Bombay
- “Making organic farming profitable for farmers with small land holding”: INR 3 Million CSR grant from Tide Water Oil Co. India Ltd.