|Prof. Mayank Pareek
303, Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, I.I.T.Bombay, Powai, Mumbai
- Oct 2014 to Nov 2020: President, Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles Division (PV)
Role & Responsibilities: This was a Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibility for the PV division of TML that was struggling to survive. The mandate was to turn around the business. The whole PV group including Supply Chain, Manufacturing Operations, Engineering &Product Development, Marketing & sales, and supporting areas of Finance reported to me as President.
- Dec 2007 to Sep 2014: Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director (Marketing and Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited
Role and Responsibilities: Role included domestic and international Marketing and Sales of products and services of Maruti, which was facing an onslaught of fresh competition from International manufacturers. As in charge of marketing, I was the custodian of all brands and new product development and launches. The sales responsibility included sales network management, rapid growth in sales, and market share. In addition to Marketing and Sales, I was also responsible for Product Development, After Sales Service, After Market, customization, logistics. Additionally, responsible for Maruti-Finance, Maruti- Insurance, and pre-owned car business.
- 2003-2007: Chief Marketing Officer, Maruti Suzuki India Limited
Roles and Responsibilities: Managing health of all product and service brands in terms of Net Promoter Score and brand salience. This included market and consumer research, market communications on all media, new product development, and launch.
- 1998-2003: Head, Corporate Strategy, Maruti Suzuki India Limited
Roles and Responsibilities: Reporting to Managing Director, this was a new role created by the Board of Directors. Prime responsibility was to develop strategies for Maruti to counter the Global competitors that were entering India post-liberalization of the Indian economy. Made in charge for the Maruti IPO
- 1994-1998: Head, Sales and Service Network Development, Maruti Suzuki India Limited
Roles and Responsibilities: The objective was to create and nurture the most competitive and customer-friendly Sales and Service channel. This included penetrating deep and expanding wide the Maruti sales and service channel.
- 1991-1994: Regional Manager (North-2), Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- 1982-1989: Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited in various roles as below:
1982 -1983: Engineer Trainee
1983-1987: Manufacturing and Plant operations
1987-1989: Executive Assistant to Executive Director
1. Member, Supervisory Board of NCAE-Centre for Macro Consumer Research
2. Member, Association of Board of circulation (ABC)
3. Member, MRUC Governing body
4. Chairman, SIAM Retail Group
5. Member, CII National Committee of Marketing
6. Member, Indian Society of Advertisers (ISA)
7. Member, Governing Council of Automotive Skills Development Council
8. Taken guest lectures at IIM, Bangalore, IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Indore, Indian School of Business, FMS, Delhi, MDI Gurgaon
- Included in the “Power Brands" Hall of Fame
- Rated most iconic Marketing Professional of the year
- Marketer of the year, by IAA
- 1989-1991: PGDBM, Indian Institute of Management, BANGALORE
- 1977-1982: B.Tech. Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi (then IT-BHU)