Indicative Admission Schedule 2018-20 (Domestic Candidates)
|CAT 2017 Results||2nd week of January 2018|
|Launch of Online Application||The day after CAT 2017 Results|
|Last Date for Applying Online||29th January 2018|
|Shortlist of Candidates and Slot Selection||9th-14th February 2018|
|Written Ability Test and Personal Interviews||10th-13th March 2018|
|Final list of selected candidates||30th April 2018|
Selection Procedure – Domestic Candidates
The prospective candidates are required to appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 conducted by IIMs every year. The candidates will be invited to appear for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview in the second week of March (10th to 13th March, 2018) based on their Composite Score, which is calculated as per the short listing criteria.
The candidates have to apply for CAT 2017 and admission to Master of Management programme of SJMSOM separately. The IIMs have no role in the selection of candidates for admission to the Master of Management programme offered by Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay.
To check Shortlisting and Final Selection Criteria 2018-20, Click HERE
Applicant must satisfy one of the following criteria:
1. A four year Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in any discipline with first class or 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate (including all years/semesters) or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10 , from the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
2. CA/ICWA, with a first-class Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline having secured 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate (including all years/semesters) or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10.
3. Those appearing for the final degree examination can also apply. The admission in such cases will be subject to their fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria as stated in (1) or (2) at the time of joining the course.
After the CAT 2017 results are declared, the applicants are required to complete the online application form available from 9th January, 2018 (Tentative). The last date for filling the form is 29th January, 2018. Candidate will have to scan and upload the following documents (as per size and dimensions specified) along with the application form:
1. Passport size photograph ( jpg/jpeg/png Only with size <=40KB )
2. Signature ( jpg/jpeg/png Only with size <=10KB )
3. Graduation Certificate / Copy of latest semester marksheet (for students appearing for the final semester or yet to receive Graduation Certificate) ( PDF Only with size <=500KB )
4. CASTE certificate (If applicable) ( PDF Only with size <=500KB )
5. Physically disabled certificate for applicants with disability. ( PDF Only with size <=500KB )
6. CAT 2017 scorecard ( PDF Only with size <=500KB )
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to appear for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) between 10th to 13th March, 2018. Shortlisted candidates are required to book the slots for WAT and PI as soon as the shortlist is released. The slot booking dates are from 12th to 14th February, 2018 (Tentative).
For Online Application, Click HERE
1. The candidates should fill all the mandatory details in one go, otherwise the data will be lost as the session expires in 50 minutes. It is suggested that the candidates be fully prepared with all the relevant information/data before starting to fill the ONLINE Application form.
2. The data can be edited anytime before the final submission of the form
3. You may download the online application format (click here) for your reference. Compile all the relevant data required to fill it up, and then proceed to fill up and submit it your online application.
4. Use the latest versions of Chrome or Firefox to fill up the form.