|The School offers a program leading to the PhD degree in all areas of management. Structure of the Doctoral program in SJMSOM is as mentioned below.
1) The Ph.D program in SJMSOM consists of two phases - 1) Course work 2) Research Work.
2) For Non-M.B.A background, the candidate is required to complete a minimum of 52 credits.
3) For M.B.A background, the candidate is required to complete a minimum of 40 credits.
4) There are 3 compulsory courses irrespective of the background which needs to be completed before registering for Ph.D
1) Credit Seminar (4 credits). At most 2 credit seminars can be presented.
2) Research Methodology course (6 credits)
3) Communication course (An Institute level course with no credits)
After the successful completion of course work, the registration to Ph.D is done and the phase 2 of research work starts.